[config] Use XBOX360 controller with PS3!

Post or request custom configuration files.
timekeeper

[config] Use XBOX360 controller with PS3!

Post by timekeeper »

V1.1

All of us who came from XBOX360 to the PS3 know it well: XBOX360's controller is the best pad for FPS, period... I had a wireless X360 controller using it for PC gaming and I thought to use it on PS3. As you may know, there are hardware peripherals that allow you use an X360 controller with PS3, but for wireless connection get prepared to pay around 80 euro... But thanks to Matlo's exceptional work you can do it for free, SO PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING!!!

What you'll need:
A X360 controller
A usb wireless receiver (only if you have a wireless pad)

First of all you you must install xboxdrv http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grumbel/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xboxdrv
Plug in your wireless receiver and open console. Type:

sudo rrmod xpad
Edit: In my Lubuntu 11.10 Live USB you MUST remove the xpad kernel mod before you run xboxdrv, or you 'll get an error. This is exactly what the previous command does.

To run the driver type in the console:

sudo xboxdrv
It's time to press the X button on your X360 controller. After a second or so, the top left led should be stay lit. Now open Gimx and select the attached file. I have done 1-1 mapping for everything except for the triggers. L1 is mapped to LT, L2 is mapped to LB, R1 is mapped to RT and R2 is mapped to RB.

My file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m84dc6zth4rki4j
Last edited by timekeeper on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Matlo

Re: [config] Use XBOX360 controller with PS3!

Post by Matlo »

What Linux distro are you using?

With Ubuntu it should work out-of-the-box thanks to the xpad kernel module...
GIMX creator
timekeeper

Re: [config] Use XBOX360 controller with PS3!

Post by timekeeper »

I use Lubuntu 11.10. Until I installed xboxdrv, my wireless receiver could not pair with X360 controller. In fact, the only sure method is to remove xpad from the kernel with "sudo rrmod xpad" since it caused a conflict with xboxdrv. After xboxdrv installation, everything worked fine! I tested it already with Battlefield 3.