DS4 Controller

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
kamperkilla87

DS4 Controller

Post by kamperkilla87 »

What's up everyone? So I may be the only person here who uses a PC as the target console. I use Gimx through my raspberry pi an it's never gave me an issue. That's with over a year from switching from Xbox where I originally started using Gimx. Recently a friend of mine wanted to give Gimx a shot. So I made him an adapter. Flashed the XOne firmware cause thats the only controller I have an gave it a shot. The adapter works on pc using it through the RPi. So I copied him an sd card an sent him the adapter an sd card. He gets it an I tell him how to flash the ps4 firmware. It installs successfully. I then have him open one of my configs an change the button layout from XboxOne to PS4 button type. So far so good. He has everything hooked up properly an hits start in Gimx. It appears to start as normal as I've known for almost two years now. I was wrong. Let me say he's also using a PC as the target console. Gimx launches an he gets to the point where it says press the key that's mapped to PS. He does it but the pc is not seeing the controller/ m&k presses. Anyone have any idea on why it's not working? If he runs Gimx an the cursors option all buttons on mouse an keyboard register as DS4 buttons. It's been working for me on pc for quite some now. So to troubleshoot he plugs in the adapter to his playstation an it works. Does he need certain drivers on his pc or something? Thanks for any tips/Advice
GoDlike

Re: DS4 Controller

Post by GoDlike »

PS button may be bound improperly. Please upload that config and log file.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

GoDlike wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:55 pm PS button may be bound improperly. Please upload that config and log file.
What's up GoDlike? Sorry but no I made sure the config was properly mapped. I will upload the log file an config whenever he gets around sending it to me though. I do have an update though... He went an got an Xbox controller an it's working like a charm as mine is on pc. I don't know man sounds like some kind of a driver issue.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The only firmware that is officially working with a PC as target is the EMUG27PC one. Anything else is unsupported at the moment (GIMX 7.15). But I have good news: firmwares have been reworked and many were fixed, and are now tested working with a PC as target. This will land in GIMX 8.0.
GIMX creator