GIMX not working :(

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
paweu_

GIMX not working :(

Post by paweu_ »

Hi. After months of hardcore use of my own GIMX adapter it eventually broke. Since I didn’t have all required hardware to build another one I bought one from Malto. I spent 30 Euros, waited one week and here it is. I didn’t change any setups on my PC, used old config files etc. only to find out I have a problem. It all connects fine but I can’t use AWSD in PS4 menus and nothing works in game. I tried different version of GIMX software but still no luck. Any ideas what is wrong or if I’m doing something wrong? Help.
Matlo

Re: GIMX not working :(

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Maybe you did not load the right firmware?

For further help, please post a log file as requested in forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator
paweu_

Post by paweu_ »

Before I send the log, what do you mean I didn’t load right firmware? Do you mean I should load anything onto the GIMX USB adapter that I bought from you? I thought that would be plug&play.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It comes with the EMUG29PS4 firmware preloaded. It is said in product description. Loading another firmware is very easy, it can be done in a few clicks using gimx-loader.
GIMX creator
paweu_

Post by paweu_ »

I see that GIMX soft, I’m using version 7.15 has this option “Update Firmware”. There is a drop down with different hex files. For PS4 controller, do I need to select EMUPS4.hex or maybe EMUG29PS4.hex as this is what I see on the log (controller type is: G29 PS4). I’m using standard PS4 DualShock, stock.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Well, complying with the rules (providing a log file) usually helps providing the appropriate answer quicker.

Since you mentioned AWSD and PS4, I guess you want to use the EMUPS4 firmware.

The guide for your use case is here:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... vice=Mouse
GIMX creator
paweu_

Post by paweu_ »

You're right, should have pasted the log in the first place: https://pastebin.com/8LLxZNVh sorry mate. How do I update firmware? It doesn't work when trying with the launcher.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please read the guide.
GIMX creator
paweu_

Post by paweu_ »

OMG it worked. Thanks man. I actually tried it ALMOST right before. This time I actually disconnected the usb and plugged back in and then it started updating. Thanks so much Malto. And forgive me for not complying with the rules :( You’re a champ!