Switch Pro Controller Emulation

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
balz333

Switch Pro Controller Emulation

Post by balz333 »

Hello together,

I want use my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for the FIFA20 PC game. Unfortunatly EA don't support this gamepad - only Xbox One Wireless Controller. Is it possible an to my PC connected Switch Controller to emulate as a XBox Controller directly on the PC (not to Xbox)? On the egress site of the GIMX adapter there should be support the XBox Controller. But I'dont know if the U-turn with the adapter is possible.

thx
Mario
GoDlike

Re: Switch Pro Controller Emulation

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

If it's compatible with standard protocol I suggest using some 3rd party software like SCP Toolkit for PS3 that emulated Xbox One controller for games.

If that controller is detected and used by PC then there's a chance. Gamepad emulation for PC as target may work but it's not officially supported. However, Project Leader is trying to improve compatibility with it - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3282&p=18268&hilit ... lly#p18268

Regards
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
balz333

Post by balz333 »

Thanks for the note but SCP doen't support the Nintendo Switch Controller. Maybe I must explain a little bit more about my idea.
The Nintendo Switch Controller is using standard Bluetooth and is recognized from Windows 10 normally. In Steam games you can use the Controller without restirctions. Only EA with his game FIFA20 don't support the controller - but the Xbox One Controller.
Now to the GIMX adapter. It is supporting a gamepad emulation for the XBox One. I think the emulated control protocol must be the same
because an Original XBox would recognize this emulated gamepad.

Therefore the idea:
- connecting Nintendo Controller via Bluetooth to the PC
- connecting of the input interface from GIMX adapter to the PC
- mapping with GIMX config to a XBox controller
- connecting of the output interface from the GIMX adapter to the PC too

Now the question. Would the PC recognize the output GIMX interface as XBox controller?

thx again
Mario
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

There's no firmware dedicated to emulate XOne pad on PC. EMUXONE is intended to work with Xbox One and therefore it requires genuine Xbox One controller plugged to PC. If you have it you can try plugging both pads to pc, making a configuration and then plugging end of gimx adapter to PC too but I can't guarantee that it will work.

SCP supports Sony gamepad only. I was talking about software similar to it but for Switch controller
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
balz333

Post by balz333 »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:34 pm EMUXONE is intended to work with Xbox One and therefore it requires genuine Xbox One controller plugged to PC.
This was my mistake. I forgot the XBox controller for the authentication. Then I can buy directly a genuine XBox controller for using with the PC.

Thanks for your help!