Mouse Question- Moving the mouse fast doesn’t register

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
CMW

Mouse Question- Moving the mouse fast doesn’t register

Post by CMW »

I have been using gimx for rainbow six and it works great but I’m just wondering what I have to do to fix this. When I move my mouse slowly it registers and feels like 1:1 but then when I mouse my mouse fast across the mouse pad it loses some input and doesn’t register the whole movement. What do I have to change in my configuration.
Mnk on Rainbow Six Siege is NOT cheating, just using my soldering skills to my advantage.
Josh

Re: Mouse Question- Moving the mouse fast doesn’t register

Post by Josh »

This is most likely due to controller limitations, when you push the stick all the way to one side in a FPS game for example, your character can only spin so fast, what gimx does is just maps out all of the controller controls to mouse and keyboard controls, so when you quickly flick your mouse across the mouse pad, gimx can only resister it as long as it doesn’t exceed how fast you could move the analog stick on a controller.
https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f= ... ion#p15565

You could also try calibrating your mouse
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Mouse_Calibration
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Controller limited you know, so best solution is increase sensitivity and move slowly.
Some games will allow your fast moving like Fortnite as I know.
PS4 enthusiast.
CMW

Post by CMW »

Ok thanks guys, I was thinking it was something in my settings but now i get what you guys mean with the controller limitations.
Mnk on Rainbow Six Siege is NOT cheating, just using my soldering skills to my advantage.
IPbanned

Post by IPbanned »

Hey,
not sure if I left a comment on your most recent post or if it was someone else's post, but either way, I had the same issue and I decreased the mouse radius to 1 instead of 512 and it fixed the mouse jerkiness and how it would go really slow if i moved to fast.
hope this is still helpful!
CMW

Post by CMW »

Thanks bro, I will definitely try it out!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Note for future readers: enabling the circle test while playing is not recommended. It may look improving movement with a low-frequency mouse, but the real fix is either to set your mouse to work at the recommended frequency (250Hz+), or just to buy a gaming mouse.
GIMX creator