X-Y sensitivity ratio in black ops.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
uwontprevail

X-Y sensitivity ratio in black ops.

Post by uwontprevail »

Does anyone know the x to y ratio in black ops on ps3?

Or should I say, what settings should you have to make sure that both x and y movement is the same.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Matlo

Re: X-Y sensitivity ratio in black ops.

Post by Matlo »

I'm using 2.86 for the main config and 1.71 for the aiming config.

A good way to test that is to use the "Circle test" tool of the calibration mode.
Launch the test a first time, adjust the radius if it's too small or too large, and see if the movement is a circle (good) or an ellipse (bad).
GIMX creator
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

Matlo wrote:I'm using 2.86 for the main config and 1.71 for the aiming config.

A good way to test that is to use the "Circle test" tool of the calibration mode.
Launch the test a first time, adjust the radius if it's too small or too large, and see if the movement is a circle (good) or an ellipse (bad).
Thanks man.

Oh and do you know what the difference between the main config and aiming config should be to maintain the same kind of speed as the main config?

Basically black ops slows down your speed when you aim in, but i want the speed to be exactly the same when i'm aiming in, or hip firing.

I'm just gathering all the information i can get, so once i try it out i wont have any problems.

thanks again for the reply.
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

Wow this is the best feeling in the world.

I have it working almost perfectly now ( almost )

There is no lag, but i still have to fine tune the x-y ratio, even with the 2.86 the vertical is too fast for my liking.

OMG i love this so much.

IT feels just like the pc feels

I'll be making a configuration once I get it perfect to the pc feel.
McKack

Post by McKack »

2.86? Wow. I like my vertical faster than my horizontal but that is crazy, hehe :D

My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McKack wrote:2.86? Wow. I like my vertical faster than my horizontal but that is crazy, hehe :D
I computed this from speed measurement for several stick positions. The horizontal axis is 2.86x faster (1.71 aiming down the sight) than the vertical axis for a same distance from the center.

The x/y ratio is a in fact my/mx.
A value higher than 2.86 means that your vertical speed will be higher than your horizontal speed.
A value lower than 2.86 means that your horizontal speed will be higher than your vertical speed.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Hm, Im confus.
So in the calibration GUI x/y ratio of 1 = 2.86? Because to me 1.4 gives the "feel" of higher vertical sensitivity. Then again, it may all just be placebo.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

McKack wrote:2.86? Wow. I like my vertical faster than my horizontal but that is crazy, hehe :D

Deadzone at 30?

Stupid question .
Does the deadzone change when you change mice, or better yet what makes the deadzone change?

I am running 22 right now, but it feels pretty normal to me.

Aim assist on is so much better than having it off.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McKack wrote:Hm, Im confus.
So in the calibration GUI x/y ratio of 1 = 2.86? Because to me 1.4 gives the "feel" of higher vertical sensitivity. Then again, it may all just be placebo.
There are two different sensitivity ratios: the game sensitivity ratio, and the sixaxis emulator sensitivity ratio.

2.86 is the x/y sensitivity ratio of the game itself. A value higher than 1 means the x sensitivity is higher than the y sensitivity.

So as to counteract the game sensitivity, the sixaxis emulator sensitivity has to be set to mx/my=1/2.86 (or my/mx=2.86 as displayed in the GUI). Doing so, the final sensitivity ratio is (game x/y ratio)*(sixemu x/y ratio)=2.86*1/2.86=1.
uwontprevail wrote: Deadzone at 30?

Stupid question .
Does the deadzone change when you change mice, or better yet what makes the deadzone change?

30 seems a little high.

No, the dead zone only depends on the game itself. The dead zone is the stick zone that doesn't make the crosshair move.
GIMX creator
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

Matlo wrote:
McKack wrote:Hm, Im confus.
There are two different sensitivity ratios: the game sensitivity ratio, and the sixaxis emulator sensitivity ratio.

2.86 is the x/y sensitivity ratio of the game itself. A value higher than 1 means the x sensitivity is higher than the y sensitivity.

So as to counteract the game sensitivity, the sixaxis emulator sensitivity has to be set to mx/my=1/2.86 (or my/mx=2.86 as displayed in the GUI). Doing so, the final sensitivity ratio is (game x/y ratio)*(sixemu x/y ratio)=2.86*1/2.86=1.
uwontprevail wrote: Deadzone at 30?

Stupid question .

30 seems a little high.

No, the dead zone only depends on the game itself. The dead zone is the stick zone that doesn't make the crosshair move.
Alright, thats what i thought.

But the 22 deadzone and .39 exponent is just perfect.