DIY USB - G27 on PS4, DS4 disconnecting after 5mins

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Lynski83

Re: DIY USB - G27 on PS4, DS4 disconnecting after 5mins

Post by Lynski83 »

Hi Matlo, I have the same issue as nbren007 what would be the point in creating another topic for the same fault?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Connection issues may have different causes.
GIMX creator
Lynski83

Post by Lynski83 »

Oh ok I will post one later. Cheers.
Lynski83

Post by Lynski83 »

I seem to have fixed mine by installing Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) as suggested here http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Logitech_Wheels.
nbren007

Post by nbren007 »

Tried to reinstall all drivers and Logitech gaming software and tried the secondary usb in the PS4 and still no luck, 8mins in it all stops working. The light on the DIY usb is still on, wheel is heavy as though engaged, ds4 is unresponsive, with only the PS button that works.

Going to try Ubuntu but this will tale a few weeks. It worked in my work laptop without issue, was going to try my macbook which has windows 7 through bootcamp but it only has two USB ports!
Mrgonuts

Post by Mrgonuts »

You could use a powered usb hub
nbren007

Post by nbren007 »

I could use a powered USB hub, you're right, but that would require buying one.

Right an update.

Installed Ubuntu onto the same machine, different hard drive, followed the instructions. No Logitech Gaming Software, but all detected and works to begin with, then disconnects after 8mins...it always seems to be 8mins from connection. It would be helpful if the log could record the connection time and disconnection time?

All very annoying, so I tried something else. I was using a Dell Precision 390, and happen to have a Precision T3400 which I've been meaning to swap everything to, which I believe has an identical mother board etc... so I swapped all my bits out and tried again (same Windows 7 installation as before, only in a new box). It reinstalled the drivers etc...and this time, hadn't noticed before it showed 'wireless controller' under the logitech software. Anyway, tried it and it works and did not disconnect even after a good 20mins. Tried it a few times even after a reboot and still working.

I'm not sure this so much solved it, I'm wondering if there is a different reason.

I was previously turning on the PC, finding that I couldn't turn on the PS4 with the DS4 controller plugged into the PC as it wouldn't respond to anything. So would unplug it, turn on the PS4, then plug it into the PC again and then activating the wheel. I've found that if I just leave it plugged in and activate everything and turn on the PS4 from the console, that all is working well. It seems that I shouldn't connect that DS4 wirelessly to the PS4, or it fails, anyone else experience this? Maybe some of the others with the same issue could try?

Can't do anymore testing now as my test PS4 is going back, Christmas will bring me my own PS4!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The issue may be due to the fact that the DS4 still communicate with the PS4 over bluetooth.
Thanks for your feedback. I'll add a note on the wiki.
GIMX creator