DIY USB - G27 on PS4, DS4 disconnecting after 5mins

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
nbren007

DIY USB - G27 on PS4, DS4 disconnecting after 5mins

Post by nbren007 »

I successfully setup my DIY adaptor with my Windows 7 PC and PS4. All seemed to be working fine to begin with except I found my DS4 USB cable was faulty. I've replaced that but when playing Project cars, a few laps into a new race or about ⅔'s of the Nurburgring (more than 5mins anyhow) suddenly the car goes straight as its lost connection, also the DS4 buttons then don't work. The wheel is still heavy and the utility appears to still be running on the PC with no errors reported in the log.

If I escape and restart the process then off I can go again. It seems to me like the DS4 has lost the connection but not sure how I can check that.

Anything I can check / try? The Ds4 is set to not go into any power saving
nbren007

Re: DIY USB - G27 on PS4, DS4 disconnecting after 5mins

Post by nbren007 »

No further on this but thought I'd post a further update. When the connection does stop working the wheel is very much still active, lights on and the wheel is heavy, it's just its not translating back to the PS4. I tried the DS4 separately and that works as expected so I assume there's no fault there. Will try another PC but any suggestions on logging what is going on would be greatly received, as I say I haven't got any errors at all.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please post a clear photo of your adapter.
GIMX creator
xbbb

Post by xbbb »

Try to use the second usb port on your ps4. I don't know why, but this helped me with the same issue on my xim4.
Rautz

Post by Rautz »

Did you use teensy with pins? I bent my pins with the jumper wires connected to fit into a small container which gave me connection issues(pretty much what you described in your post). I noticed the jumpers were loose fitting(probably stretched from using them to bend pins) so attached a new set that were nice amd snug. I havent had connection issues since.
nbren007

Post by nbren007 »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been doing some testing with another PC, and it didn't have the problem at all in 30mins of testing, so I will go through and compare drivers the machines are using, I may even do a clean install. I can't use the one I tested with, as it's my work laptop and I shouldn't be using it for this anyway! :oops:

Both machines are Windows 7 64bit...if I rebuild, any reason I should consider anything else?

In regards to the adaptor, I'm using a Teensy++2 and a CP2104...I don't know about anyone else, but I really struggled to find the components in the UK, especially with pins. I contacted Hobbytronics with the DIY Instructions when enquiring. They were very helpful and even ended up putting it together for me. That's why the photos show it wrapped in plastic, not sure if I should take that off.

Its quite difficult to see as they mounted it on a board.

It's currently in the first usb port on the PS4 so will try xbbb's suggestion if comparing / reinstalling drivers / rebuilding doesn't sort it out.

I'll post how I get on.
rodrigozli

Post by rodrigozli »

My one was working perfectly until yesterday. I was playing time trial and was everything ok, working with no issues.

So I decide to play with another car in another track and this problem starts to happen. The GIMX Software show no error, looks like everything is working fine, then the console shows that the controller DS4 is disconnected. I'm sucks on programing or eletronics, but looks like the console is recognizing that isn't a original G29 and blocking the adapter.

Is this possible? Maybe some Playstation Update?
Lynski83

Post by Lynski83 »

Hi I have the same issue with it disconnecting after 5 ish minutes. Anyone got any closer to solving this?
nbren007

Post by nbren007 »

I haven't got to the bottom of it yet. As I said in my last post, I tried it with a different machine and didn't have any issues, so if its possible for you to try this it may be interesting to ser. I suspect the USBdK drivers but thats just a hunch, I will rebuild over the weekend and see how I get on. Maybe the developer has some suggestions of how I can log what is happening on the DS4 connection?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi all,

@Lynski83
@rodrigozli
Please post your issues in your own topic. I can't answer all questions in the same topic.

@nbren007
Your adapter looks good. It may be a CP210x driver issue.
Could you try in Ubuntu 14.04 or Linux Mint 17.2?
GIMX creator