CS:S/Small mouse project.

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
gimxfanboy

CS:S/Small mouse project.

Post by gimxfanboy »

So.............

I decided to play CS:S after a while, stopped playing it since I've been using my PS3 for Singleplayer games.

I also bought a new mouse, the G500 :D

I cranked up the DPI to 5700, lowered in the game sensitivity to 0.258, and voila! Super mega precise aiming. Not being cocky, but my tracking skills are amazing already with my Dell 400 DPI mouse LOL, but having such a massive increase in smoothness and fidelity is really something!

22-0, 19-2, 11-1 etc..... What I'm trying to say is, although I really miss the ergonomics of the Dell Mouse, the precision of the G500 is amazing....

I'm considering a project. Somehow removing all the circuitry and Laser Engine from G500, very delicately and placing it in the frame of a Dell Standard Mouse.

http://files.sharenator.com/Dell_Mouse_ ... -88930.jpg

I understand there will be many problems, but does anyone think I can actually do it?
McKack

Re: CS:S/Small mouse project.

Post by McKack »

Just be sure to plan well ahead, do proper measurements and whatnot, perhaps do some identical cutouts in cardboard to test it, etc. :)
I think the biggest hurdle will be alignment of the buttons, not to mention all the extra ones...
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
gimxfanboy

Post by gimxfanboy »

McKack wrote:Just be sure to plan well ahead, do proper measurements and whatnot, perhaps do some identical cutouts in cardboard to test it, etc. :)
I think the biggest hurdle will be alignment of the buttons, not to mention all the extra ones...
Yeah, totally I get what you mean :P

But I guess I will have to try! I was thinking of using my University's alignment grids and make sure it works. The worst thing would is totally ruining the mouse :D. I don't really care about the extra buttons, but I will try putting in the mouse-wheel traction pad button. Hey, hows the G400 with GIMX? :)
McKack

Post by McKack »

I love the G400 to bits. Especially because of the shape. And it works great with GIMX.
I've been using the MX518 for 5-6 years or so, so I was skeptical about the slightly different shape of the G500, plus I've had some bad experiences with laser mice in the past while working with graphics and I was reading about people getting some lag/imprecisions when doing certain gestures.

Might give the G500 a go sometime in the future, though.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template