[LIST] Bluetooth dongles

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
Matlo

Re: [LIST] Bluetooth dongles

Post by Matlo »

ziki wrote:Besides looking at that list, is there any way to know prior to buying one dongle if it does support this change of bdaddr?
No. That's the main reason we are making a list.
ziki wrote:I've also already got an old generic dongle, plus internal bluetooth on a laptop. How do i know if they support this?
Just try.
GIMX creator
timekeeper

Post by timekeeper »

I tried GIMX 0.25 with my laptop's internal dongle. My laptop is a Lenovo R61, T8100, 2gb of RAM. My dongle is recognized as Broadcom 15 with no chip information, but it works! I used a live Ubuntu usb stick to change the mac address to the one of my dual shock 3. Even after I have rebooted the laptop the mac address was there. I had some hard time using Ubuntu 11.10 new desktop, but in the end I've made it.
timekeeper

Post by timekeeper »

timekeeper wrote:I tried GIMX 0.25 with my laptop's internal dongle. My laptop is a Lenovo R61, T8100, 2gb of RAM. My dongle is recognized as Broadcom 15 with no chip information, but it works! I used a live Ubuntu usb stick to change the mac address to the one of my dual shock 3. Even after I have rebooted the laptop the mac address was there. I had some hard time using Ubuntu 11.10 new desktop, but in the end I've made it.
It appears that after a complete power-off of my laptop, the dongle returned to its original mac address... Nonetheless, I gave it a quick try on Battlefield 3, running Xubuntu from usb, using a simple logitech wireless mouse and having loaded the BC2 profile. The button are OK but the mouse movement sucks... I must emphasize that it was a "quick and dirty try", knowing all the issues that BF3 has on PS3. I will try to play a bit with the settings and use another Logitech mouse. Once again Matlo, GREAT WORK!!!!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Using a cheap wireless mouse is the worst thing to do.
If you want to play, buy a gaming mouse (recommended = 2000dpi, optimal = 5700dpi+).
And the BC2 config is not adapted to BF3.

If you have more questions, please go to the support section. This thread should only talk about bt dongles.
GIMX creator
timekeeper

Post by timekeeper »

I tried Belkin F8T016. It appears as Broadcom 15 with no chip information. It works great but you cannot change its bt address permanently.

MarkBrand

Post by MarkBrand »

ziki wrote:Besides looking at that list, is there any way to know prior to buying one dongle if it does support this change of bdaddr? I am looking at ASUS USB-BT211 and dont know if it supports this.
I've got this exact dongle and it WILL NOT work, not even close.
ziki

Post by ziki »

MarkBrand wrote:
ziki wrote:Besides looking at that list, is there any way to know prior to buying one dongle if it does support this change of bdaddr? I am looking at ASUS USB-BT211 and dont know if it supports this.
Not even to change it temprarily? Thanx for this information. BTW I just got word it uses an Atheros Chip. Do we know more for this kind of chip?

http://www.modem-help.co.uk/ASUSTeK/USB ... ongle.html
MarkBrand

Post by MarkBrand »

ziki wrote:
MarkBrand wrote:
Not even to change it temprarily? Thanx for this information. BTW I just got word it uses an Atheros Chip. Do we know more for this kind of chip?

http://www.modem-help.co.uk/ASUSTeK/USB ... ongle.html
IIRC it said it was a Broadcom radio. Couldn't get anywhere with it. I messed with it for a while and then bought the MSI (Cubix) dongle from DX and waited 3 weeks for it in the mail. I suggest to anyone that you order this one before even taking GIMX seriously so that you'll have it when you are.
MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

I am very happy to add another working dongle to the list. Damn Chinese New Year would have delayed my order by two weeks, so I demanded a refond and went on a scavenge hunt in my city. I risked it (only $4 anyway) and hit a jackpot :D

OMEGA NANO BT160 Bluetooth USB Adapter
Manufacturer: Cambidge Silocon Radio (10)
Chip: BlueCore4-ROM

http://www.elektronikworldbingen.de/OME ... A-BROADCOM

Works flawlessly, address can be changed permanently and most importantly, this brand is very common (at least in Europe).
Last edited by MaxiM on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It's said on the omega website that this dongle has a broadcom chip: link.

I suggest we don't add this dongle to the list unless we have more info.
GIMX creator