[LIST] Bluetooth dongles

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
JosQuelqu1

Re: [LIST] Bluetooth dongles

Post by JosQuelqu1 »

work! both are not changed permanently

IOGEAR GBU421W6 (Broadcom Corporation (15))
RocketFish RF-MRBTAD (Broadcom Corporation (15))
Ubuntu v11.04 (64-bit)
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
Logitech G5 (v2) Laser Mouse
IOGEAR GBU421W6 (Broadcom Corporation (15))
kachijs

Post by kachijs »

so today i recived this "MSI Tiny Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR Adapter Dongle (CSR Bluecore4-rom)" that means im good to go? Or i need to use recommended dongle? Btw i can use Xubuntu (http://www.xubuntu.org/) instead of just Ubuntu? As far as i know it has better GUI.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There's only one way to know if this dongle works: try it.
If you are not familiar with Linux, I would recommend not to use Xubuntu because GIMX was much more tested with Ubuntu than with Xubuntu.
GIMX creator
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

I have on Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Aptosid, worked good, if you have problem maybe you need to upgrade de bluez version on it.
kachijs

Post by kachijs »

Cybereu wrote:I have on Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Aptosid, worked good, if you have problem maybe you need to upgrade de bluez version on it.
How did you manage to install all on xubuntu ? I cant find "universe" under repositories. :/ and when i double click on sixemu deb it says "cant install untrusted package".
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I updated the details about the "MSI Tiny Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR Adapter Dongle". The brand name is not MSI but Cubix, and the detailed product specs are available on aliexpress: link. The good point is, it's said "Main chip : CSR BC04" in the description :)
GIMX creator
kachijs

Post by kachijs »

Matlo wrote:I updated the details about the "MSI Tiny Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR Adapter Dongle". The brand name is not MSI but Cubix, and the detailed product specs are available on aliexpress: link. The good point is, it's said "Main chip : CSR BC04" in the description :)
heh. the funny thing is when you install drivers that came with dongle (CD). it installs TOSHIBA management :D (Windows)
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

kachijs wrote:
Cybereu wrote:I have on Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Aptosid, worked good, if you have problem maybe you need to upgrade de bluez version on it.
How did you manage to install all on xubuntu ? I cant find "universe" under repositories. :/ and when i double click on sixemu deb it says "cant install untrusted package".
To add the extra repositories:
Open Applications->System->Software Properties.
Select Add
Check the Community Maintained (Universe).

or

edit this file:
/etc/apt/sources.list

I those distro on CD, to not download everything i reboot, i had downloaded all dependecies and storage in my HD, made a script to install the deps the sixaxisemu and copy the config files to "~/.emuclient/config", so i didnt used the repositories of any distro listed before and installed the sixaxis by "sudo dpkg -i sixemu_0.23-1_amd64.deb" on terminal.

Also i dont recommend use Aptosid, u can broke system using these deps.
kachijs

Post by kachijs »

tnx. worked :)

i still have a problem though. Linux thinks that i have 72' LCD TV but i have only 40' so desktop is out of range. Any thoughts how to fix this ?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please start a new thread if you want to continue talking about something not related to bluetooth dongles (the subject of this thread). And don't quote if there's no need to.
GIMX creator