Macros/Modifiers special code

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
Zero

Re: Macros/Modifiers special code

Post by Zero »

Yes it works, I haven't had that much time to test it but at first glance it really works.
I will give you more feedback sometime this weekend after I get a little more playtime with it.
I don't usually use the configuration utility but edit the xml manually, that's why I couldn't get it working, because the xml was wrong.
Zero

Post by Zero »

So finally I got to sit down and play some games :)
The new control feature works, it actually works quite well for what its indented, at max DPI on a gaming grade mouse (5000) the multiplier and exponent of 1 is too much but drop that off to ~0.5 and it seems to be more controllable.

The problem is getting used to this control type especially using flying machines.
I've played a few games of bf3 (with jets) and tried to get used to this method of aiming/fling but it seems to not be as efficient as expected, at least for me.
It's probably worse then a controller stick because you can't fell the position of the stick. So its hard to tell how far off diagonally you are without constantly adjusting the input and that dose not feel so good.

I've also tried this option with driving games GT5 :) it works far better here because the y axis is ignored by the game(steering required only the x axis) and you just need to move the mouse from left to right to drive. This feels a bit better and arguably its more relaxing to play then with a controller, if you need to make fine adjustments you can just slightly move the mouse and let it there until you redirect the car then null out.

So yes its a cool feature and seems to work as intended, the input values translated are a bit too high tho but can be countered using subunit values for the multiplier and exponent.
Something more interesting know that I've experienced this control method would be an option to stop the resting of the axis to null while a key is pressed. That would be far more useful for flying jets.

Awesome work.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

To make the axis go back to the center, you can toggle to profile 1, and then toggle to profile 3 again.
It's also possible to make a macro if you only want to press a single button:

Code: Select all

MACRO MBUTTONDOWN BUTTON_X4
MBUTTONDOWN BUTTON_X3
#delay should be at least the refresh period
DELAY 10
MBUTTONDOWN BUTTON_X3
GIMX creator