GIMX Adapter and wheel accesories

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
luismuku

GIMX Adapter and wheel accesories

Post by luismuku »

Hello. I saw some topics on this forum and also the guide about Gimx, but I still am confused.

First of all, I'm going to tell about the controllers I want to use with Gimx:

1.TS-PC
2.Logitech pedals with a Leobodnar Adapter.
3.Logitech Attack 3 (as a progressive Handbrake)
4.SHH Shifter.
5.Two button boxes (i don't really care if I can connect them or not to Gimx, only the other things).

My intention is to play only in PC. I don't care about PS4 or Xbox One, only PC. The reason I want to buy Gimx is because every time I try to play on PC I have a lot of config problems with my controllers. This cause me a lot of problems, and I can't even play some of the games like Loeb Rally Evo or Dakar 18.

And now the questions I have:

1-Can I Use all that products with Gimx? I mean, I think it won't be a problem to simulate the pedals, but I don't know if it's possible to configure an axis (Logitech Attack 3) as a button (simulating a G29 for example).
2-G29 Shifter only has 6+R and no sequential. Is there any possibility to use Gimx for my SHH Shifter with 7+R and sequential? For example, configuring the sequential as two bottons (triangle and circle).
3-If I made this configuration with Gimx and also use a Thurstmaster Wheel, will this wheel be configurated on Gimx too?
4-I know Gimx simulates a G29 and a G27, but does it also simulate a T300rs or a G25? (in order to be able to use a sequential mode for the shifter).

Thanks and sorry for my english :D
Matlo

Re: GIMX Adapter and wheel accesories

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

I moved this topic to the discussion section.

1. Any hardware should work, as long as the operating system has a suitable driver for it.

2. The G29 emulation does not work with a PC, but there is a G27 emulation. The emulated device defines the limitations: with a G27 emulation you can only map your handbrake to a button (it will be either on or off), and no, you can't have any extra position for the shifter.

3. You can add as many devices as you want in your configuration. For each new device you will have to add the bindings.

4. No.
GIMX creator
luismuku

Post by luismuku »

Ok. I've already buy a Gimx Adapter but I am in trouble. Some times my PC recognise Gimx Adapter (COM 9) and sometimes not. When I open Gimx-launcher this is the problem that I have. I tryed to connect it directly the two sides (USB and Micro USB) to the PC in a USB 3.0 port, and the other controllers (wheel, shifter...) in the front ports of the PC. Still the same problem.

failed to read packet header from the gimx adapter
.avrdude butterfly_recv() programmer is not responding

These are the two main errors my computer shows.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

1. When two sides were connected to PC, 2 COM ports appeared in device. You need to select correct UART COM port from gimx main window. Open Control Panel/Devices and Printers then look for "CP210x USB to UART ... (COM x)", Com x is what you need.

2. You can follow this tutorial to upload firmware:
- Step 1: connect both sides of gimx adapter.
- Step 2: wait for 10 second.
- Step 3: select update firmware and target console firmware.
- Step 4: when it said "Unplug/replug..." just unplug AVR side then reconnect it to the same USB port. You must make it quick.
PS4 enthusiast.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The right side to unplug and replug is the USB cable side. It can't work if you unplug and replug the other side.
GIMX creator
luismuku

Post by luismuku »

I've done it but still doesn't happen anything. Is like if that USB is not recognised by the pc. Tryed with more USB cables and different ports, but still the same error.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please contact customer support at labs@gimx.fr.
GIMX creator