GIMX for mobile device?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
dontonka

GIMX for mobile device?

Post by dontonka »

Hello I'm totally new to GIMX.. I thinking of a project which would basically be to have GIMX working, but not on a desktop or Rasberry PI, but instead on a doing it from a mobile app :lol: , would that be possible or have been investigated in anyway by some of the creators of GIMX ?

Cheers,
Eric
dontonka

Re: GIMX for mobile device?

Post by dontonka »

Like ultimatelly the goal would be for example to play BF5 or R6 on an a PS4, but having the input on your mobile app, as if you would be playing an FPS shooter on your phone, but now sending the input to the PS4 instead, so emulating the PS4 gamepad.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This requires a lot of development, and it is probably not possible without rooting the device. This is unlikely to happen.
GIMX creator
dontonka

Post by dontonka »

Merci Mathieu de ta reponse. Non en fait je pensais a realiser ce developpement moi-meme, mais je voulais voir ce qui existait auparavant et partir d'une base. Partir des source de GIMX me semble la solution la plus plausible, mais je me demandais si c'etait realisable. Sur iOS, ce serait surement plus difficil que sur Android.

Let switch to english. Why do you think it would require a lot of dev? I developpers a game already (http://naturalbornsoldier.com), so i have a lot of knowledge already on the app side, it would be only to package the GIMX basic code (as you can access native code from Unity for example) and just have the touch interface interact with the GIMX library no ? Give me feedback on the biggest chunk of work that you envision that this project would require if you can :) .

Cheers,
Eric
dontonka

Post by dontonka »

Also app can use Bluethoot, it will only require the app user permission to allow it, so besides that, I'm not sure which type or permission or "hack" it would need in order to make it work, so i don't see why it would need a jailbreak or rooted device
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I don't have much time to explain, so I'll make it short. BT stacks on OS side are made to behave as a host, not a device. You very likely won't get a low level access to the BT hardware, you'll only have high level access with a limited set of device profiles supported.
GIMX creator